Citizenship for Investors
The Cypriot government has pro-actively sought ways to encourage investment on the Island. One of the methods they decided to employee was the possibility of obtaining Cypriot citizenship for investment on the island.
As a destination for foreign investors seeking citizenship, Cyprus has many positives but two of the key reasons are its stable economic environment and it’s European Union member status. With a legal structure that encourages such initiatives combined with a taxation policy for local companies and individuals that is extremely competitive, Cyprus has plenty to offer investors. In addition to the clear business benefit of being an investor on the Island, the personal benefits such as the cost of living in Cyprus; high standard of living, a good education system for all residents and excellent value for money on real estate further enhance the benefits of being a Cypriot citizen.
Main Benefits of Obtaining Citizenship in Cyprus through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
- Automatic EU citizenship with the right to live, work, and study anywhere in the EU
- Visa-free travel to 159 countries and territories, including Canada, Hong Kong, and Switzerland
- The citizenship is granted to the whole family – husband, wife, all financially dependent children up to the age of 28.
- Lifetime citizenship; can be passed onto future generations by descent
- Fast and simple procedure (3 months)
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Acquisition of citizenship in Cyprus is not reported to other countries
- High standard of living
- Cyprus passport ranked 17th in the world according to the Visa Restrictions Index
The Investment Citizenship Program is based on a fast-track procedure with reduced time and bureaucracy. In September 2016 the Cyprus Council of Ministers has approved amendments to the Scheme for Naturalization that designed to attract foreign direct investment and encourage the use of Cyprus by high-net-worth Individuals.
For further information please contact us.